AddRan Student Research and Creativity Symposium
About the Symposium
The AddRan Student Research and Creativity Symposium (formerly known as the “AddRan Festival”) celebrates the scholarship and creativity of students who are majors or minors in the AddRan College of Liberal Arts. This learning and sharing experience is now in it’s 17th year.
You can showcase your work in one of the following three ways:
- Creative Writing – Present poetry or prose in a small group (3-4 presenters).
- Oral Presentations – Deliver a 10-to-15 minute traditional academic style presentation followed by a question and answer session. Small groups of 3-4 presenters.
- Poster Session – Prepare a poster (roughly 48” x 60”)
All presentations are in front of an audience of supportive faculty and fellow students. The atmosphere is that of a professional conference with an emphasis on curiosity and affirmation.
In addition, presentations and posters can be entered under the following sub-categories. There are cash prizes for the best entries in each sub-category.
- Asia Studies Contest – Presentations or poster on topics focusing on Asia are eligible.
- Middle East Studies Contest – Presentations or poster on topics related to the Middle East and Islam are eligible.
Presentations will be on Tuesday, April 11th in the BLUU. Session times and rooms will be announced later.
Winners and prizes will be announced later with an Awards Ceremony on Thursday, April 13th.
Proposals will be accepted through Wednesday, March 22nd at 5:00 PM.
- All proposals should be submitted at the link below.
- If you have questions, including submission difficulties, please contact Dr. John
Lovett at firstname.lastname@example.org