With a strong foundation in the liberal arts, TCU political science majors are well suited for a variety of successful careers. Occupational opportunities include government administration, politics and campaigns, public policy, non-profit organizations, international relations, business and journalism.
From international affairs to education and law enforcement, TCU political science graduates have been successful in many positions:
- Assistant White House press secretary
- Director of the forensics lab at the Department of Homeland Security
- Texas assistant attorney general
- State Department foreign service officer
- National field organizer for the Sierra Club
- Associate producer for “Face the Nation”
- President of a political consulting firm
- Teach for America volunteer
TCU political science grads are also prepared to pursue graduate degrees specializing in the study of specific regions, business, law or diplomacy. Our alumni have won Fulbright scholarships and attended elite law schools and graduate programs—at Harvard, Yale, University of Chicago and many others.