Students who graduate with a degree in Women & Gender Studies will meet the following Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will apply threshold concepts in the field of women’s, gender, and sexuality studies (i.e. social construction of gender, sex, and sexuality; intersectionality; privilege and oppression; feminist praxis) to analyze diverse texts, contexts, and/or sites.
- Students will assess significant works of scholarship in the discipline of women’s, gender, and sexuality studies.
- Students will employ methods for doing research in women’s, gender, and sexuality studies.
- Students will create and execute activist projects focused on social justice.
- Bachelor of Science only: Students will apply core principles of the field in their work with a community organization.