The Master of Liberal Arts program at TCU is accessible for students from all walks of life and is aimed at promoting lifelong learning. Whether you’re just completing your undergraduate degree, or have been a member of the workforce for a significant period of time, the MLA has something for you.
The Master of Liberal Arts program is open to any person who holds a bachelor´s degree from an accredited college or university, regardless of major academic emphasis or date of completion.
- A $60 application fee
- An OFFICIAL copy of your transcript mailed from all colleges attended directly to
the Master of Liberal Arts Program: TCU Box 297200, Fort Worth, TX 76129 or securely
emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you attended TCU, the Master of Liberal Arts program will obtain your transcripts
that are on file in the Registrar’s Office.
- If you attended TCU, the Master of Liberal Arts program will obtain your transcripts that are on file in the Registrar’s Office.
- International Applicant Required Materials
- Completed Visa Request Form for International Applicants Requesting an I-20
- Valid passport
- An English language proficiency test score is required of all non-native English speakers, with the exception of applicants
who qualify for one of the following:
- Have completed at least 24 hours of transferable academic credit (including English composition) from a college in the U.S.
- Have completed a graduate degree in the U.S.
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution where
- English is the language of instruction and
- the accredited institution is located in a country where English is an official language (e.g., Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda).
We will accept TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), Duolingo English Test, PTE (Pearson Test of English) or IELTS (International English Language Training System) scores. Test scores are valid for two years.
Minimum score required:
- TOEFL: 80
- Duolingo English Test: 110
- PTE: 53
- IELTS: 6.5
Requests must be made on the appropriate form accompanied by a catalog course description. An official transcript of the graduate work must be mailed from the Registrar’s Office directly to the Master of Liberal Arts Program. Credit may be requested only for courses broad enough in content to meet the philosophic intent of the MLA program. The credits will not be accepted if they were used toward a degree that has been completed. All requests are subject to approval by the MLA Advisory Committee. No more than six hours of transfer credit will be accepted. Courses, other than MLA, completed at TCU may not be applied toward degree requirements.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition cost for the 2023/2024 academic year is $1,145 per semester hour. There will be a $130 fee charged for each online course. Students interested in Financial Aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.