In addition to TCU’s full range of scholarships, AddRanCollege of Liberal Arts offers competitive scholarships for liberal arts majors in writing, Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC and Spanish. Learn more about all TCU scholarships.
Undergraduate Research Prize
The Department of Political Science awards a $500 undergraduate research prize for the most outstanding political science research project completed by a political science major. Each spring at the department’s Celebration of Achievement, this prize is awarded to one project completed during the year preceding the event.
Any finished major research project on a political science topic is eligible for consideration, including but not limited to those completed by political science majors for the distinction program, honors theses, semester papers and the department’s summer Research Experience for Undergraduates program. Eligible projects may be self-nominated or nominated by a department faculty member. The process for allocating these positions is as follows:
- Nominations are due in late April
- Include the following in your nomination:
- This completed nomination form.
- One electronic copy of the research project
- All eligible nominations will be reviewed by a three-person committee composed of political science faculty identified by James Scott, the Brown Chair in Political Science. The Brown Chair normally serves as a member of the committee unless there is a conflict of interest with a nomination.
- Contact Dr. James Scott with any questions at email@example.com.
Hatton Sumners Distinguished Scholar Award
- A merit-based scholarship award of $17,500 per year for the student’s last two years at TCU.
- The opportunity to participate in programming supported by the Hatton Sumners Foundation, including a guest-speaker series.
- Full-time TCU undergraduate student with three or four semesters remaining at TCU.
- A member in good standing of the Political Science Distinction Program.
- A United States citizen.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
The TCU political science faculty will choose finalists among eligible applicants. Thereafter, the Hatton Sumners Foundation trustees decide the two award recipients.
Bonnie Lee Arnett Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship benefits a junior or senior with a 3.0 GPA or better, who intends to pursue a career in the legal profession. It is awarded to two students each year.
Dee J. Kelly Scholarship
A pre-law student with financial need is selected for this award. It is awarded to two or three students each year.
Dr. Ralph G. Carter Excellence in Political Science Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to a student who has excelled in political science. Political science faculty awards this scholarship each spring.