In addition to TCU’s full range of scholarships, AddRanCollege of Liberal Arts offers competitive scholarships for liberal arts majors in writing, Air Force ROTC, Army ROTC and Spanish. Learn more about all TCU scholarships.
Hatton Sumners Distinguished Scholar Award
- A merit-based scholarship award of $17,500 per year for the student’s last two years at TCU.
- The opportunity to participate in programming supported by the Hatton Sumners Foundation, including a guest-speaker series.
- Full-time TCU undergraduate student with three or four semesters remaining at TCU.
- A member in good standing of the Political Science Distinction Program.
- A United States citizen.
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
The TCU political science faculty will choose finalists among eligible applicants. Thereafter, the Hatton Sumners Foundation trustees decide the two award recipients.
Bonnie Lee Arnett Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship benefits a junior or senior with a 3.0 GPA or better, who intends to pursue a career in the legal profession. It is awarded to two students each year.
Dee J. Kelly Scholarship
A pre-law student with financial need is selected for this award. It is awarded to two or three students each year.
Dr. Ralph G. Carter Excellence in Political Science Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to a student who has excelled in political science. Political science faculty awards this scholarship each spring.
Don Jackson Endowed Scholarship in Political Science
The Don Jackson Endowed Scholarship was established in 2012 by the generosity of his former students to benefit a student majoring in political science.