The French and German Language House is a unique opportunity on the TCU campus to live the university mission of global citizenship, right here in Fort Worth. The Language House brings together students who want to improve their language skills and learn about French and German culture through activities and events.
Discover the Benefits
- Improve your language skills in an informal setting
- Meet other students interested in foreign languages, culture, and travel
- Get involved with planning fun events and activities for TCU students
- Enjoy delicious French and German meals cooked at home
- Live in the center of campus in newly renovated suites with lounge and kitchen
- Add a great experience to your resumé!
Who can live in the Language House?
We are looking for enthusiastic students who will participate actively in Language House events, and who will commit to using French or German to the best of their ability. Students of all proficiency levels may apply, although preference will be granted to students who have completed the equivalent of one year of university level French or German. Applicants must have sophomore, junior or senior standing.
The French and German Houses are located inside the Tom Brown-Pete Wright residential community in Maybee Hall — one of TCU’s apartment-style residential halls.
If you are interested in living in the French or German House, indicate this preference when applying for housing.
Native or near-native speakers who wish to apply for the position of Language House coordinator should contact the relevant faculty adviser:
Dr. Marie Schein (French)
Dr. Scott G. Williams (German)