Ph.D., University of North Texas
MA, University of North Texas
BA, Yarmouk University
Global Women's Literature
Global Women's Literature (Honors)
Literature and Civilization II (Honors)
Non-Western World Literature
Literature of the Middle East and North Africa
Restoration & Eighteenth-Century British Literature
Areas of Focus
18th Century British Literature
Gender and Sexuality Studies
Race and Ethnic Studies
“The Deterritorialized Self in Laila Lalami’s Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits.” Spec. issue of Journal of North African Studies 21.2 (2016):182-198. Print and online.
“Arab Women’s Revolutionary and Post-Revolutionary Discourse.” IEMed Mediterranean Yearbook, European Institute of the Mediterranean (2015): 316-316. Print and online.
“The Commerce of Knowledge in Samuel Johnson’s Rasselas.” Global Economies, Cultural Currencies of the Eighteenth Century. Ed. Michael Rotenberg-Schwartz. New York: AMS Press, 2012. 215-29.
- Department of English Teaching Award (2016)
- Wise Woman Teaching Award, nominee (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- CIEE International Faculty Development Fellowship (2015)
- AddRan College, Creativity and Innovation in Learning Grant (2015)
- NEH Summer Institute, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia: Literature, the Arts, and Cinema Since Independence (2014)
- Department of English Service Award (2014)